Saturday, March 18, 2006

So, here is the master list...

After posting the last note I realized... "What a great opportunity! I could post my list of summer projects and see if I'm the totally insane person who has this much to do or if any of our family and friends find themselves in the same predicament!" So here is our list of things we need to do, want to do, have to do and WILL do over the course of the next summer. Maybe we'll update it as we progress. I'm definitely a list maker and checking stuff off often is VERY gratifying.

TO DO
1. Laundry- yup- it's been a while and Jonathan is just about out of the zillion white t-shirts he owns (his t-shirt army and my undies compete for the "Obnoxiously Large Supply" award in our household).
2. Spring Cleaning- we've started to clean out the flower boxes and do a full clean up of the house but we have a long way to go...
3. Repainting- The upstairs bathroom needs some serious work since we replaced the ceiling two years ago and it did a number on the paint job (which was fresh at the time).
4. Plumbing- Fixing the upstairs shower head and the kitchen faucet. Hmmm, might have to hire someone for this. Neither of us are particularly adept at plumbing and they've need some fixing for some time...
5. Househunting- I know, we're nuts. BUT!! We are going to look for a new place this summer so we can spread out a bit and, more importantly, have some storage space. I've told Jonathan that if our next home doesn't have an attic, a basement, a garage or SOME underground tunnel hide away for our extra boxes, decorations clothes etc... I'm going to jump off the back porch. (I realized that a "poke my own eyes out" there might have been overdueing it a bit so let's just say I'll express some serious discontent.)
6. Friends- Catching up with those I love and spending some time just having FUN! Can't wait for that.
7. Car Care- I'm about 3000 miles over the number at which I should have gotten my last oil change and tire rotation so that is an important one on the list along with cleaning out the inside and waxing. Phfew...
8. Furniture Shopping- We are beginning to think about what kind of dining room table we might like for the future house we we'll have. We also might try to find a different entertainment unit so we can put up the TV we bought a few months ago and haven't been able to use yet (Jonathan's a little fried about that so this one will happen sooner rather than later)...
9. Finances- No one really tells you how long it takes to organize all of this stuff after you get married. We still have lots of decisions to make and need to have a mini financial retreat (just the two of us) to make some real progress...
10. VACATION- Ummm, yeah... we need a lot of this. Right now we have Vermont, the beach and a few local trips on our radar. We also are looking forward to having a bunch of visitors this summer! Yippeee.

I'm sure I'll think of others, but this is a good start. Enjoy the day.

No comments: